
My memories swirl between fuzzy and clear and back to fuzzy. This post is probably the best way to preserve my memories before my recall distorts what happened. Here are some highlights, in no particular order, as my memories do not follow a chronological order.
1. Thunder, lightning, and rain. Alas, my family and friends already had their fill of rain, but it's a novelty for a girl from San Diego. I never thought the rain would be a delightful homecoming.
2. Practicing my golf swing. From a swing and a miss to a high arc.
3. Coming in 2nd place during a 5k race in Rouses Point. I averaged a 10 minute mile and there were 7-8 people in my age range.
4. Seeing deer. I saw a deer with my bestest friend as well as while walking with my mom. Walking is another highlight.
5. Visiting my bestest friend 3 times. Our smiles and laughter outnumber grains of sand. Who knew marshmallows equaled happiness.
6. A celebration of 10 years post high school graduation with a very special retired English teacher.
7. A flash rainstorm while dining in Lake Placid. Soggy calamari and chips never tasted so good.
8. Visiting family. Nothing beats being adored by younger cousins and reconnecting with family who knew me when I was knee-high.
9. Chocolate world, chocolate world, chocolate world! Watching my mom take a jello shot at 9 in the morning and going to see Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow in concert with 2 of my cousins.
10. Adopting a gag from Big Bang Theory in which I offer my Dad a "piece of chocolate" as positive reinforcement.
11. "Helping" my mom prepare for the family cook out. The first 20 minutes had us doubting the effectiveness of working together. Baking raspberry streusel muffins and banana bread. Making white chocolate chip macadamia nut pancakes and eating pumpkin pancakes.
12. Eating so many delicious things, including a michigan and an ice cream cone from Harrigans.
13. Sitting in the swing with my dad watching the river. I always miss the fish jumping out of the water.
14. Seeing the stars twinkle while walking outside from my room to the house to use the bathroom in the middle of the night (when else would I see stars?).
15. Floating down the river in an inner tube with my mom; chilling in the river while drinking a milkshake with Bailey's.
16. Drinking wine, snacking, and catching up with my favorite friends from Rouses Point.
17. Going to bed at 9 pm, having the power go out at 9:36 pm during a storm, waking up at 2:52 am to drive to Vermont. And now, I'm leaving on a jet plane. San Diego, here I come. Adios, East Coast.
No comments:
Post a Comment